Are you looking for live in care job?
The primary role of live in carer or a support worker (whether short-term or long-term) is to make sure that clients live as independently as possible in their homes. They feel comfortable and secure in the familiar surroundings. Carer encourages clients to pursue their hobbies and interests and assists them with all day-to-day duties.
Live in carer job – description
Live in carer job is not for everyone. It is a challenging role that involves a lot of patience, caring and loving nature and passion for helping other people. You, as a carer, will be doing the things that a family member would do for their loved one or even more.
As a live in carer, you will be acting according to a care plan. Care plan is a written document that states care needs of a client and is agreed by the care team, family members and healthcare professionals. It includes aspects of personal hygiene, household duties, cleaning, cooking, and social activities.
Live in carer job specification
What characteristics does a good carer have?
– strong communication skills
– being able to live with the client for long-term
– ability to understand and follow instructions
– ability to cope with emergency situations
– caring and loving nature
– empathy and passion for helping others
What qualification should a carer have?
– experience in care
– able to maintain a house (cleaning, cooking, household activities)
– clean driving license
– formal training or qualification
What are the duties of live in carer?
– help with personal hygiene (combing, dressing, washing, toileting)
– working with other health professionals to assist a client
– helping with medication
– assisting in medical appointments
– accompanying during family gatherings
– meal preparation
– household activities
– encouraging a client to pursue their hobbies
Please use this form for care enquiry only, if you’re looking for work, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORM. VISIT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS PAGE